Tuesday, July 29


Advertisement
Published: July 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tea TimeTea TimeTea Time

A few young folks who were in attendance, all of whom are not members of the Lord's church.
Tuesday was perhaps our most laid-back day of the trip so far. Bill and I (Ryan) went along with Colin to his weekly Bible study with one of the newest Christians here, Mark. Mark is an impressive guy in that he sought the truth out, studied via the correspondence course the church here offers, and contacted Colin with his desire to be baptized into Christ (Galatians 3:27) to have his sins washed away (Acts 22:16). Mark is an outstanding Bible student with a heart as sincere and hungry for knowledge as I have seen. I can forsee great things in service to God in Mark's future, and Colin's weekly studies with him are strengthening his faith and knowledge of God's word. After the study, Mark treated us to -- what else -- tea and biscuits (cookies).

While we were with Mark, Lisa took Kelly and Jewell to a local linen shop. Northern Ireland (especially the Belfast area) has long been known for producing some of the world's finest and most sought after linen. They enjoyed their time together.

We had a pretty good crowd for the gospel meeting this evening. Afterward, we celebrated Colin's birthday, as he turned 42
Trimmer RepairsTrimmer RepairsTrimmer Repairs

Here's Bill, "fixing" Colin's yard trimmer. Suffice it to say, the trimmer ended up in the repair shop.
today.

Wednesday is the last evening of our gospel meeting. Our prayers will be that we end on a high note, and that all whose hearts have heard the word will be inspired to be more like Christ on daily basis.

Check back in tomorrow for our next report.

Thanks for reading!

-- Ryan & Kelly


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Colin's CakeColin's Cake
Colin's Cake

Colin with their oldest son, Jordan. Note Jordan's expression of pain as he gets burned by the gag candles that wouldn't blow out.
Holly & BillHolly & Bill
Holly & Bill

Holly offering one of her favorite socks to Bill. Holly will be giving birth any day now.


31st July 2008

Question from Mama Galloway
Hey Ry - - Mama Galloway wants to know if you have heard of or seen "Celtic Thunder" - that group from Belfast. . . if so she wants you to bring back 1 or all of them!!! Love you guys, Mom
31st July 2008

Love your blog!
Hello Kelly and Ryan! Julie Dauksys here from South Anna and I took some time tonight to catch up on your adventures in Ireland! WOW! What a great time you must be having over there. I told Travious and Daniel at summer school all about your trip-they said to be sure to say hey for them-"HEY!" Continue to enjoy your trip and service. I think it's wonderful!

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb