Belfast- Larne


Advertisement
Published: June 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Seep in and down for breakfast. Packed up and caught the bus into Belfast city. Found the Information centre and booked a walking tour at 12.15. To fill in time we wandered into the amazingly opulent town hall which happened to have a free tour about to start so we joined that and wandered around the amazing building.



Caught up with our walking tour and did 2 hours around the city looking at various sites. Was nowhere near as good as the Derry one but still a nice way to see the city.



The Victoria building/shopping centre has a dome at the top which gives you a 360° view over the city. Grabbed some lunch and found our way back to the bus to get us back to our B&B.



Headed north east to Larne which took about 40 minutes. Dumalis is a retreat house “originally in the Middle Ages we were a premonstratensian priory – a place of prayer, hospitality, shelter and pilgrimage,in the 19 century we became a stately Victorian family home – residence of the newly married Sir Hugh Smiley, his wife Elizabeth Kerr and their four children. Click here for our complete history now a flourishing centre of spirituality, peace and reconciliation and ecology.” This place is amazing to say the least. It has the old section which looks like the Smiley family just walked out , and the new area which is like a motel. It is managed by 2 sisters and a an old dog, Scott.



Checked into the conference (peer support session) and started meeting everyone. There are about 50 people here from USA, Scotland, Ireland, Malta, Mexico and Australia. It is so wonderful to be amongst so many people who run the same program as us and you don’t have to explain what you do, they just understand. Everyone runs it a bit differently, and all have their own challenges and it is a privilege to be among them all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb