Northern Ireland


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Northern Ireland » County Antrim » Belfast
October 12th 2007
Published: October 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Mon 08 - got up at 7am to be on the road for 10. Had to leave early for the 3hr drive to Stranrear for the ferry over to Larne. Got into County Antim, Ballycastle about 5pm and went into town for dinner. Early to bed.

Tues 09 - got up at 7:30am so we could be on the road early. Went to the rope bridge, then went for lunch. After lunch drove to the giants causeway. Home for dinner at restaurant.

Wed 10 - Up agian at 7am to be on the road eary to go to Belfast. Parked the car in the carpark then got sausage roll. Went to the visitors center and bought tickets for the open top bus tour. had an hour to wait so went to see what was in the nearby shops. Ended up buying a cd, dvd and 2 luggage bags for going to Kenya next year. (Have been looking for them for months and they were quite cheap for what they are. Also NI seems to have shops that we do not, Clarks luggage. )
The tour bus took us around Belfast pointing out the univercity, leaning clock, the fish of knowledge, the city hall, Stormont, the fact the Titanic was built in the docks and they are building a replica of the great ship so the general public can go on and see what the original looked like. We were also taken up Shankill road which is one of many roads which were hit with violence due to different reasons including: religion and unity/separation. They still have a high fence taller then the houses dividing two streets from each other. The gates get shut at night to avoid any disturbance. Its a case of 'see no evil, do no evil' was what we were told on the tour.
Home and dinner.

Thurs 11 - woke up at 10 today. nothing planned. stayed in the lodge till bout 2 then went into town for a bar lunch. Had a look around the few shops and then went home again. got a pizza for dinner.

Fri 12 - up at 7am to drive back to Larne for ferry. Took detour to a waterfall but didn't have enough time to go and see it. back in own house for 7pm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb