A wish and a bit of luck


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Northern Ireland » County Antrim » Belfast
September 8th 2007
Published: September 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Cousin Veronica says that when you step onto Irish soil you must make a wish. With that duly done we set off on a magical trip around Donegal.
Our first stop was St. Johns point, just outside Killybegs. We came across a beautiful sandy beach. Our stay there involved paddling, (me, Lynne,) playing the penny whistle,(Lynne) and Irish dancing on the beach.(Veronica). I held the video camera for the last two activities, so friends, stand by for some entertainment.
Visited a traditional weaver in her cottage. The weaves had wonderful heathery colours. Sadly she had no facility to be paid with plastic so we left empty handed. ( I have her website - hee hee!)
We then took a speedy trip to Donegal town -(Veronica calculated it was lunchtime for the garda.) The town is traditional, beautiful and resisting extensive development.
Back then to Killybegs for fish and chips and a bit of Irish music, and then a farewell to my very kind cousin. (Colin's cousin in fact, but I'm claiming her.)

Veronica gave us a little instruction on leprechauns.
1.They are very small
2.Don't look for them, thy will find you and bring you luck.

THE LUCK!!!
Lynne will bring you an account of this one but it involves a visit to the Grand Opera House in Belfast and walking back to the main road via the back streets.
Lynne and I have wanted a bet on the horses since our Newbury gig, as we went there on race day. As a betting shop appeared in front of us we found ourselves walking in the place. (Leprechauns?) The next race had 'Magical Music' running at 33 - 1. Within a few minutes we were walking away £34 better off. Very strange, as I place a bet once a year on the Grand National and all Lynne knows about horses is that they have a leg in each corner. A little bit of Irish luck to be sure!
Cheers Audrey



Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb