Ireland the North 1 Ballintoy


Advertisement
Published: June 8th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Ireland the North 1. Ballintoy.

A little drizzle at breakfast time in our cosy accommodation near Portstewart. We set off under a grey sky but dry along the National Cycle Network No 93 through Portstewart and Portrush admiring the bays and harbours before stopping briefly at the remains of Dunluce Castle and chatting to a couple from Sheffield. That is the good thing about cycling where you are always open to chat to people from all over the world. I stopped briefly in Bushmills to photograph the important Irish inventors of the 20’th Century such as Marconi and Bell. The weather brightened up as we arrived at the National Trust visitor centre and the Giants Causeway was waiting for us in splendour with its unique blocks of stone and pillars. I took many photographs of the main giants causeway and also further east along the coast with the continued exposure of dramatic stone pillars and features. Finally I went down to Ballintoy Harbour with its little islands and rock formations in a cosy little bay. Next to the Fullerton Arms for a two night stay while we explore the area a little further.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement




Tot: 0.507s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1729s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb