Northern Ireland


Advertisement
Published: July 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We drove to Troon to catch the Ferry across to Ireland, to a place called Larne. We then headed north along the Antrim Coast, North East of Ireland on our way to see the Giant’s Causeway. The drive along the coast was stunning and every chance we got we stopped and took photos, just breathtaking scenery. Went through a small fishing village called Ballygalley, found out that the word Balley means........ “Place of”. The next village was Cushendal, had lunch and went exploring. Walked down to watch a local couple fish off the rocks along the coast, they had not caught a thing but it was great to talk to the locals. The next stage of our Road Trip took us through Ballycastle, passed the Dunseverick Castle and headed down to the Giants Causeway. This place was absolutely picturesque; the site was indescribable volcanic ash that had eroded the soil to make hexagon pillars form on the coastline. Back on the road and headed down to Portrush and then onto Balleymoney where we were staying at a Bed & Breakfast Villa, quite outstanding. Had a great Barossa wine with take out for dinner then had an early night. What a great way to end the day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



21st July 2009

Get to Trentbridge
MP, I think you best shoot off to where ever the next cricket test is due to be played; our boys need some inspiration to lift their game. Trip notes sound great, Pics look fantastic. Keeep smiling champ. Do not forget to have aguiness or 2 for me. kym XX
22nd July 2009

Fantastic
Hi Hun Bloody great photos. Looks every bit as beautiful as I would imagine. Keep on keeping on................. Luv ua Lyn S

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb