Manchester to Liverpool


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
May 6th 2016
Published: August 2nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Month Loop


The flight from DC to Manchester was uneventful, although fyi...there were plenty of empty seats, so I able to lay down and get a good sleep. Not sure if this is typical, but may be another reason to not fly into London.



Another fyi...make sure you use a credit card for the car rental that covers the DLW. I found out my card did not, but thought I could just change to another card at the airport. I discovered this by reading small print that the car rental company required a letter from your credit card company, which they will sent via email. Anyway only way out of the glitch was to pay cancelation fee, and make a new reservation. Of course the price was not as good as the reservation I made months earlier, but surprisingly not unreasonable.

Our plan was to drive immediately to Liverpool. The car kept asking for our cell phone for bluetooth operation. We asked at car rental checkout, how to turn if off, his reply?..."the owner's manual is in the glove box." They wanted $12/day for a GPS, so I decided to just buy a GPS...Argos is a walk-in catalog store and was suggested as the best place to get one.

We got to Liverpool in good time and had time to stroll the town and waterfront. The youth hostel is nicely located and reminded us we were in Beatle country.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb