Ee Bah Gum Yorkshire is Luvley!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
July 14th 2013
Published: July 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We have had glorious weather whilst in Yorkshire making the scenery even more beautiful! Wide open valleys, plenty of sheep and lambs and fields trimmed with stone fences. I have learnt the difference between a moor and a dale and we have driven up and over the moors and down into the dales below. This is a bicyclist's or walker's paradise and there are loads of trails to choose from. At times, it is a bit dangerous to pull over and get the snapshot of the view. Not much room on these roads! We also had the opportunity to stay with a local, our friend Ken, who made sure we saw as much as possible. This included the small city of York. It is very charming with its old shopping streets called The Shambles where tudor wrapped buildings lean precariously across the laneways. Plenty of pubs here too of course with names like The Plough Inn and The Fox and Hounds. I am constantly reminded of a funny family story. Granny Peters was said to have reported that she spent the weekend in The King's Arms! This has been a really nice way to wind up our English travels.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



15th July 2013
Spectacular Wensleydale

Little Bo peep
Over the hills and far away. Lovely pictures you can't half tell you're a geographer ... Landscape, weather and narrow winding country roads. The historical cultural features imprinted centuries ago. It is similar to rural France isn't it? Enjoy! Jane

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb