been a while


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
May 10th 2012
Published: May 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: shoes 50 secs
I’m conscious that its been some time since our last blog. A lot has happened since last December. We got to Poland, Sosnowiec for Christmas which was nice. It was a bit cramped in Alas and Janusz apartment with us all, but not too many arguments!!! The flight there and back was terrible. We flew Ryan air and the staff were the worse. It was very, very busy at Stanstead and took hours to check in and clear Customs. The kids cried the whole way and I think it will be some time before I fly with two young children again. The staff in Poland were a bit better, seeing the children they let us have priority boarding. No such luck with the surely UK staff who weren’t even willing to help me with the buggy to the plane, despite having to walk two babies and the buggy down stairs.



Poland was very cold and it snowed a couple of times. Christmas eve was the same with all the little plates of food, only once the first star has come out. No meat !!! The tree looked great and the kids loved it.



Since January the weather has turned terrible. Just rain and cold every day with about one week of sunshine. At the end of March I flew back to New Zealand and Australia for 10 days. I took Kay with me as I had won two return tickets with Air New Zealand. Unfortunate they had to be used in 6 months so Easter was the latest I could leave it. Jo stayed behind and her Mum came over to help her with the kids. Aus and NZ were great, nice weather and I got to spend some time with Pete and Ros in Sydney. Thanks for the bed and beers. Thanks also to my friends in New Zealand who let me stay. I managed to catch up with a couple of mates, all seem to be doing well, despite the high cost of living in NZ. The main reason for returning was to clear storage and send items back to the UK as we have sold our house in Christchurch.



Once back in the UK I have been very busy with two jobs. I have set up my own business and are self employed. We are saving for a house and will need to move soon as the current 2 bed flat is way too small for the 4 of us. My mum returned with me and is helping to look after the twins while Jo is working full time as a special needs teacher , still in the school in Brixton.



The twins are doing really well, running everywhere and Zoe is doing very well with language and counting. Jakob is very strong and a big boy for his age. They keep us very busy and tired!!



Hopefully this summer we get away for a holiday but all depends on my work and contracts etc. We hope everyone is doing well and look forward to hearing from you.





Czesc wszystkim,

Dawno nie pisallismy a wlasciwie od Swiat Bozego Narodzenia, ktore spedzilismy w Sosnowcu. Lot z dziecmi nie byl najprzyjemniejszy, a Rayanair obsluga jeszcze gorsza. Zabralo nam 4 godziny dostanie sie do samolotu na lotnisku, kolejki!! Powrotna podroz taka sama tylko obsluga w Polsce troche lepsza. Wielkie dzieki za dowoz do i z lotniska rodzinie Krolewiczow!! Hip, hip, hurra!!! Niech nam zyja!!!

Swiata troche szalone, ciasne i inne z dziecmi.

Steven wygral dwa bilety do NZ i polecial z Kay, a ja zostalam z mama i dziecmi w domu. Pogoda od Wielkanocy jest do bani, leje codziennie. Steve mial szczescie wygrzac sie w Australii i odwiedzic wszystkich znajomych i rodzine. Pozbylismy sie naszego domu w NZ wiec wiecej pudel z klamorami do nas wlasnie plynie statkiem, bedziemy na nich chyba siedziec bo nie ma ich gdzie schowac.

Myslimy o kolejnej przeprowadzce za jakis czas, mieszkanie robi sie coraz ciasniejsze z calym klamorstwem dzieciecym ale jeszcze troche tu musimy posiedziec na Tootingu. Babcia Kay ciagle do nas przychodzi na szczescie i maluchy sa bardzo zadowolone. Zoe odpowiada po angielsku na wszystko co do niej mowie po polsku, Jake tez zaczyna od nie podlapywac. Oboje trzymaja nas w ciaglym ruchu!

Milego lata tym wszystkim ktorzy maja lato w kraju..


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



10th May 2012

Beautiful family
Hi guys, just thinking about you yesterday, we got our Xmas card back that we sent to you last Christmas - obviously we don't have the right address. Sorry about that - glad to hear you had a nice Christmas in Poland (apart from the travellin drama). Next time I will just email. We are all well in Brisbane, and the weather here is glorious 15 - 25 everyday lately. Aly moved out for a couple of months with her boyfriend, but is apparently moving back home again. Did anyone tell you that once you have kids you can never get rid of them, they just keep coming back home again. Maybe you should keep that small flat lol. Lizzie is at Uni now, studying to be a Midwife. She also says she is never moving out. They are great kids though - love them heaps. Take care Luv Angela

Tot: 0.319s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0701s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb