Great Yarmouth to Clacton-on-Sea


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
May 13th 2011
Published: May 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We woke to lovely sunshine today. Steve and I had a lovely walk around Great Yarmouth this morning. We walked out to the pier to take some photos and then I saw a horse and carriage (I just had to have a ride Uncle George LOL!). It was lovely. We rode the carriage for the whole length of the esplanade, which took about 40minutes.
We then did a bit of browsing and I posted some more postcards. We popped into the shopping centre and were amazed to see people that were sitting soaking their feet in fishtanks full of small fish. Apparently this is a beauty treatment and the fish eat all the dead skin off your feet. Steve and I could not resist putting our hands in to see what it felt like - very strange indeed.
We then farewelled Great Yarmouth and continued down the coast stopping at Oulton Broad for lunch. We had a lovely lunch at the Werrie Pub (thankyou cousin Martin for suggesting it). There was a nice park nearby and we found some squirrels in the park.
We then drove to Lowestoft but it was very very windy on the waterfront there and not very pleasant out of the car.
We continued along the A12 and on to Clacton-on-Sea to spend the evening/night with Uncle Frank and Aunty Margaret.
Margaret cooked us a very nice dinner and we sat and chatted the night away. Steve couln't resist loading the dishwasher! It was great to be able to see Uncle Frank and Aunty Margaret again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

011011
011

Ocean Wind Farm
048048
048

A beauty treatment. The fish eat the dead skin - very unusual
060060
060

Posh Ladies Loo complete with thatched roof


17th May 2011

Nice to see photos of Uncle Frank and Auntie Margaret
and their home! I was amazed by the sight of the fish eating the dead skin off your feet - novel idea though - only the Brits could think of something like that!! Haven't they heard of emery boards!!

Tot: 0.352s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb