Day 10: Again The Cotswolds


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
March 14th 2011
Published: March 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

With and early start today we headed off to the sleepy little village of Morton on Marsh to visit the Birds of Prey park which boasted a Golden Eagle and many other Raptors, well Pam was in heaven and the photo opportunities were many. We arrived at the perfect time with the birds being flown at 11.30 we saw Horace the Owl, Jimmy and Rosie the vultures and Tommy the Falcon fly free, the Falconer was an absolute riot cracking jokes and making the whole display very comfortable. He did have trouble though with Jimmy the young Vulture, he couldn't be bothered coming back and took off over to the park and no amount of coaxing could get him back. Leaving here we set off for our next destination, shopping for Bree in Gloucester, we found a nice mall and spent the afternoon browsing the shops with Bree scoring a new pair of black knee length boots, part of her new "Europe" ensemble, she looks great. Next off to a little village called Alderton next to Tewkesbury where we had to settle down early as Pam had a whole heap of work to catch up on. very boring for Bree and I and as we had not stocked up on food I said I would take everyone out for dinner, Pam declined as she had too much work to do so Bree and I set off to the "Hobnail", a 600 year old pub that you had to duck down to get in the front door and the roof was not much higher inside. A great feed of good old British roast beef and Yorkshire pud.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb