Final Blog


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
April 8th 2010
Published: April 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We arrived home at Heathrow to meet our parents and experienced mixed emotions in realising it was the end. We were ready to be back but closing the door on our trip was difficult. Without question, we agreed we had learned more, experienced more and done more in 9 months than in any previous year. I think you'll find we're not that different: we're not scrawny hippies now.

We've been on TV in America, killed a Caiman and eaten it for breakfast, walked to Everest Base Camp, been to Machu Picchu, lived with a tribe in the Amazon Jungle, climbed a volcano over 6000m high, walked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, sailed around Halong Bay, stayed with a local family on Lake Titicaca, hunted monkeys using blow pipes, visited the temples of Angkor in Cambodia, ridden Elephants in Laos and learned to become a Mahout, witnessed a fight between locals in the Annapurna range, had dinner with a President, stayed in a salt hotel on the biggest salt plane in the world, cycled between wineries in Mendoza, sandboarded in San Pedro, and spent Christmas in a desert, as well as much much more.

It's been a year that has cost a lot. The biggest investment of my life but with the biggest rewards by far and the best value for money possible. I would recommend it in an instant if you are a similar age. I am glad we did this in our mid-late twenties as I feel we got so much more out of it than had we gone before or after Uni. If you have the chance and its the right stage of your career/life, be brave and do it. Nothing will have changed back home (except you may have zero career prospects like me).

Thank you to everyone who has stayed in touch, either by the blog, email or facebook. It really means something when you get messages while you are away from home and we really appreciate it. We're looking forward to re-intergrating ourselves to real life now and would love to catch up. Hope you're all fine and dandy.

Lots of love,

George and Lindsay


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



8th April 2010

Congrats Guys!
Hey G and Ferg!! Im so happy to hear that your safe and sound back at home! Your trip was amazing and I wanted to thank-you for sharing it with me. Your adventures inspired me to visit places i have never been and enthused me even more for others. Im so proud of you both for taking the leap to do everything that you have. You both rock my world!! :D Love and miss you both alot and hope that your next adventure includes a trip to Aus! Elle xxxx

Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb