30th Aug - crossing the channel


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
September 2nd 2008
Published: September 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all from the English channel. Yip, we made it this time.

Today, in keeping with the rest of the trip, was great fun. This morning we went and visited Tante Antje with Tante Joke and Oom Teus in Asperen. After a drink and the usual cake, we went for a bit of a walk around the town. Tante Antje knew where my Dad’s old house is and so we had a look at that. We went down the street which took us around the back of the house and saw the neighbour working on his house. Tante Antje yelled to get his attention. (apparently she knew his name is Piet) Turns out that he and my Dad and two others built four houses in a row down that street, my Dads and his being two of them. Also he used to work for my grandfather!

Tante Antje decided that we should all go out and have pancakes for lunch, so off we trundled to a pancake house. Upon inspection of the menu it became clear that we wouldn’t be having just ordinary pancakes with golden syrup. You could get all sorts of pancakes with all manner of stuff in and on them, from every kind of meat to strawberries and cream. It was quite good. After dropping of Tante Antje, we went and had a look around Leerdam. We went in to some clothes stores and Monique even found a craft shop with lots of stamps!

So now we in our cabin on board the Bretanica on our way back to England where it is apparently raining again!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Nijntje at the bakeryNijntje at the bakery
Nijntje at the bakery

I think we used to call the bunny 'miffy' though - is that right Mum?
Boy and Cat Fishing no1Boy and Cat Fishing no1
Boy and Cat Fishing no1

We watched these two fishing - most funny. The cat is homeless - see it watching for fish.
Boy and Cat Fishing no2Boy and Cat Fishing no2
Boy and Cat Fishing no2

Yah - they caught a fish!
Boy and Cat Fishing no3Boy and Cat Fishing no3
Boy and Cat Fishing no3

Cat runs away with fish while boy is looking away!! Actually - the boy feed the cat 34 fish that morning!
At the pancake houseAt the pancake house
At the pancake house

The meals were massive and they don't look like your traditional pancake meal, do they?


2nd September 2008

MIFFY!!!!!!!!!!!
Yip you would be correct... that is Miffy! And those photos of the boy and homeless cat are funny...and very cute! How nice of that little boy to spend a day fishing to come out with nothing at the end of it coz the homeless cat ate it all?!?! LOL Hope you're settling in well!

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 22; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb