Home


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
October 21st 2018
Published: October 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

21 October 2018

We went through the channel tunnel on a fairly early train and arrived home at lunchtime.

It’s been an excellent trip visiting some places we have been to before and exploring new areas in France and Italy in exceptionally warm and sunny autumn weather. We only had three poor days in six weeks. The three 5 night stays we had at excellently located waterside campsites on the Côte d'Azur, Elba and Lake Trasimeno were very enjoyable periods of relaxation. We were also very fortunate to be able to witness the festivals at Le Puy and Trevi. We travelled 3,360 miles.

The new van performed really well and we enjoyed using the enhancements over our previous one. The automatic gearbox and rear view camera made driving along country, urban and mountain roads with their many roundabouts and hairpins very relaxing and smooth. The onboard 4g wifi hotspot never failed to perform and the response speeds were excellent. Wendy found the larger fridge a great improvement and was grateful to Murvi for taking into account her special needs in the detailed specification of the van.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.415s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0609s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb