The glorious weather continues!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
May 15th 2018
Published: May 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The visit with the Swans was so wonderful, and our sleep at the Lodge the best ever! Excellent place is Lancaster, a small, discreet city surrounded by farmland and rolling green hills. We drove south, and the surroundings went flatter and flatter, and the traffic increased. Overall, it's been interesting to be here in spring - such a variety of agricultural machines and types of plowing and starting crops. The rape seed is bright daffodil yellow in flower.

Traffic around Birmingham was terrible - motor way all the way. We stopped at Tewkesbury Abbey (about 45 mins from cousin Lynn's), which was a delight - Norman columns, beautiful windows and carvings, great history. On the Avon, so we tried to find a place on the water to have tea, but failed. Drove down a lane to find the Cheltenham College boating club, however, and the kids were putting their sculls into the water. Drove on to Lynns - and sat in the sunny sunny back garden for tea and some cakes. We forced John to have his one and only cup of tea - which was "okay." Trevor and Lynn were very welcoming. Sarah and younger son Thomas cycled over. After a short visit, where we all tried chatting at once (and staying outside so that we tried to minimize sharing of any of our germs), we headed out in 2 cars and one bicycle to walk up the hill behind the parish church to see bluebells. Then we stopped by Sarahs to see Jeremy - no tea or anything - and unfortunately George (the older boy) came home sick - tonsilitis? More great conversation.

Off to our B&B, which was a renovated rectory. Gorgeous rooms. Where can we find bangers and mash? We walked across the street. John got his B & M, Jean a goat cheese and veg tart, David and Robin lamb chops. Great shandy.

Good sleep - to family tomorrow - whooppeeee!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb