My English tour Part 2


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Wiltshire » Stonehenge
September 1st 2006
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Another AngleAnother AngleAnother Angle

my favourite shot of Stonehenge
Geo: 51.2107, -1.25208

Well yeah, im really rushing these entries atm just to get stuff down. cos yeah its a race against costs here.. about $5au just to use this for an hour here.. terrible. next part of my tour yesterday was to Stonehenge. This place was everybit as intriguing as i hoped for. It was really surreal to actually be there next to the Stones, which are upto 5000 years old. The whole area surrounding Stonehenge feels ancient, and mysterious. Sucked, cos nowadays you arent allowed to go up and touch the stones of the main circle, cos apparently tourists were going there and chipping off souvenirs for themselves!!! There was an audio tour of it too which informed me more about the monument. There was a fallen stone which you were allowed to touch. its weird the bluestone which Stonehenge is made of really feels strange to touch.. like theres a weird temperature about it. anyway, we spent an hour or so there (i wish i could have had more time) and then headed off to bath city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

First sights of the stones.First sights of the stones.
First sights of the stones.

taken as the coach pulls up to the monument
Goodbye to StonehengeGoodbye to Stonehenge
Goodbye to Stonehenge

shot taken as we leave for Bath City. I loved it here. could have sat and pondered for ages.
Kris and StonehengeKris and Stonehenge
Kris and Stonehenge

Yeah, i was actually there :) another classy shot of me taken by one of the two young Canadian chicks on the tour. I love Canadians.
Light and Dark HengeLight and Dark Henge
Light and Dark Henge

I just thought this was a cool photo the way the stones caught the light against a dark back drop.
StonehengeStonehenge
Stonehenge

A closer shot of the stones taken by me. sadly, you cant get amongst them anymore, theres sorta like a 10m radius all around the rocks. this is due to people deciding to chip off their own souvenirs over the years.
Stonehenge InnStonehenge Inn
Stonehenge Inn

our location for lunch... chicken pie was on the menu.. yummy.
The Out of Place StoneThe Out of Place Stone
The Out of Place Stone

the Stone that shouldnt be. sitting on its own outside the circle. supposively some kind of marker?
The road to StonehengeThe road to Stonehenge
The road to Stonehenge

the weather and scenery seem to suit the mystery of Stonehenge on the way in. the surrounding countryside all give a strange sense of wonder, at this unexplained monument.


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb