Euro Trip Day 4, Fourth Blood (you'll get it near the end)


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Wiltshire » Stonehenge
June 21st 2011
Published: June 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Day 004, Tuesday June 21

10:45, on the train from Salisbury back to London, only as a stop over to another train to Brussels, Belgium.

There was a man, our age, leaving the same hostel at the same time as us, says he's been travelling Europe for 6 weeks, with tussed up hair under a baseball cap, oakley sunglasses, headphones connected to an ipod he was clicking away at, he looked luke a cool young traveller, though he also walked slowly, with a slight limp, a full dark tan, and had litterally everything hanging off his very large back pack. Alyssa and I had the same thought, wondering if we will look as worn out as him at the end of our 8 weeks. I told her we already do, and pointed out that my towel, shoes, socks, and underwear were all hanging from my pack.

We past a man on the way to the train station leaving Salisbury, he was walking up hill entering the very small town, wearing camoflauge pants, a t-shirt, ragged hair and a camo back pack. I half expected the town sheriff to pull up offering to escort him through. Points for which movie this reminded me of, hint: he looked like he just got back from 'nam. 😊

(Did you get it?)

... 12:23

Spent some time getting our bearing in Brussels, got into town around 5:00 pm but seeing as it's the longest day of the year the sun didn't go down until about 10:00 pm, pretty cool. First thing we were told by the police upon exiting the train station here was to only take the buses if we were to travel with the ridiculously large back packs and camera case and such, seriously the amount of times he reiterated this to us kinda made us paranoid, but as soon as we found the hostel (after some sever block circling) we locked it all away and strolled through the city looking like locals, it was the greatest feeling not to have to wear anything on my back, I swear I can compete in the iron man competition where they pull trains with the mere power of their necks by the time I get home.

We booked the next hostel a few days from now in Amsterdam, and planned our whole day tomorrow in Brussels, even skyped home sending the dog into a frenzy at the sound of our voices, he was probably just getting into the stage of acceptance at the fact we would not be around for a while, now he definitely wont be sleeping tonight. I'm keeping Alyssa up as I write this last part, we want to be courteous and not enter our room until the last possible moment, and at the same time, as our roommates are 2 very nice Australians who have been travelling for 3 months now and have a total of 9 months in their trip around the WORLD!!! Yeah so my little Euro Trip seems less like the grand undertaking I see it as. But still, for me, the mild mannered Canadian who only once ventured over the great lakes, it is.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb