Day 07 Across the Pennines to Yorkshire


Advertisement
Published: June 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today is not very nice. We woke up to find it raining and very grey and cool.

Originally we were going to go shopping at Tesco and the various stores around the Reebok Stadium precinct but decided to head off straight to Huddersfield instead. We travelled over the M62 in pouring rain. During this part of the trip we actually crossed the highest motorway in the UK at Saddleworth Moor. A high point in a crap day.

We carried to Huddersfield and I took the wrong exit for the second time in two days. Such is life. Anyway, we went for a round about drive and ended up at Robin’s place eventually. Strangely enough, we went through the town that we were having dinner at later that evening - not that we knew that at the time.

We finally arrived at Robin and Jean’s place around mid afternoon and got settled in very quickly. Kelly turned up about an hour after we arrived and Wayne, Katie and Brandon arrived a short time later. After some fond greetings they all left to get organised for dinner.

That evening we went out to Cinnamon Lodge, an Indian restaurant in Meltham, a short drive away from Robin’s house. There was a total of 14 people for dinner and Briana was also there along with Jean’s sister and brother in law and daughters. The food was good and we spent an enjoyable few hours there before heading back home.

The end of another day. They seem to go so quickly on holidays but take forever beforehand. A week gone already.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb