On the South Downs


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Sussex
July 6th 2015
Published: July 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our wee FOG cottage (Flat over Garage) was great once you got used to the sloping ceiling! Was on a PYO berry farm on the South Downs and on the family estate, Lisa and Andy were wonderful hosts and found a spare pop up bed for Alister who joined us for 2 of our 3 nights there. We walked up to Chanctonbury Ring in the morning, then picked Alister up in Brighton and took a stroll out on the dramatic Seven Sisters cliffs. Brilliant sunny day. Was nice to go back 'home' and prepare a meal and chat over a drink in the evening.

Tuesday we visited Arundel in the morning, popped home for lunch and headed down to Brighton as Alister had a job interview there (long story, he ended up getting a different job back in London with North Plains, IT role). Was a bit chaotic as we got a flat tyre just out of Brighton, amazed to find we had no spare! Apparently this is common in new cars in the UK! Got it sorted with the help of the RAC and local tyre place eventually. Had a walk on the famous pier and good pub grub in a very rainbow-hued pub to finish the day. Some very odd sights around the bar!

Next day we dropped Alister off at the station and then I visited the Royal Pavilion which was a rather ornate and OTT kind of place. Blu opted for quiet time instead. We headed off late afternoon for Bournemouth, stopping at Chichester en route, what a delightful walled cathedral town with a lovely peaceful garden next to the cathedral. It's a nice drive through the New Forest to Bournemouth, came across horses in the middle of the road and a great village pub for dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement




Tot: 0.305s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0997s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb