Wintery Walk in West Sussex


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Sussex » Chichester
November 21st 2010
Published: November 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Just after 9am Scott, Adam, Myles and I were heading south towards Chichester in West Sussex for a weekend of walking in the country side. We got a taxi to our Farm B&B at Chilgrove and from there headed out on our first loop walk. We followed Monarch’s Way over rolling hills, past a pen full of Turkey’s and through a wooden forest before reaching our lunch spot. A warm pub called Hare & Hound. The light was fading as we made it back to the B&B with no wrong turns, go the OS Explorer Map. The colours were amazing and the ground carpeted with red leaves, very pretty. The under floor titles and hot wet room was divine to thaw out before heading out for dinner at The Fish House. The restaurant seemed rather modern in the reception / bar area, however it was an 80’s throw back once in the main dining room – hilarious. That aside the food was lovely, very fresh and the crab I ordered was the largest I have ever seen.
The following morning we woke to another crisp fresh day and we set off up the hill towards the South Downs Way and followed this trail for a few hours. It provided superb views down to the sea and across the rolling hills. We then followed a colourful tree-smothered valley down to another cosy pub which was a candy pink colour on the outside. Very low ceilings, poor Myles nearly knocked himself out going in. We had to wear blue boot coverings so we all looked rather stupid sitting around the fire eating pudding. After pudding we walked past a very large country estate with amazing entrance way with large trees that must have been planted so precisely a long time ago. We also spied the biggest fattest pigs ever, there tummy’s were dragging on the ground. And that completed our wintery walk in the rolling hills of England.

PHOTOS

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0827s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb