Almost Antarctica.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Midlands » Birmingham
January 18th 2007
Published: January 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello, well i think i am getting the hang of this travelblog thing, but don't hold your breath.
The location above is not bad but i am not from Birmingham, close though Walsall, which is about 18 miles north of lovely Birmingham.
Staying with my in-laws, (Helen and Richard) until Sunday the 21st of January then off to Antarctica via South America.
It has been fantastic catching up with my daughters, Hayley and Stacey, especially the fact that no one knew that i was arriving in the UK, seeing everyones face when i knock on their doors and greeted with the words what the bloody hell are you doing here!!!
Seeing Hayley on Saturday 13th of January was especially good as it was her 21st Birthday the day before, once again Happy Birthday mate!

My wife Yvonne is still in New Zealand, i speak to her everyday, without her love and support none of this would be happening, it is so hard being apart. Maybe one day Yvonne may get down to the ice for herself to see what the attraction is.

Not a lot happening just waiting for the day to come when i again leave family and friends and start the adventure down to Rothera (a British Scientific base in Antarctica), you can find out more if you check out the website, just type in BAS and it will come up!

Will start adding again when i get down to the ice, if there is any ice left, according to the ITV news team, it is melting at an amazing rate, that is scary, so come on all, do your bit for the World, save energy!

Love and peace to you all

and special love and wishes to my wife Yvonne, take care

JBlo.xx

Advertisement



18th January 2007

From NZ
Just got onto your blog site. Great photo of us on tha amazing night when I couldn't stop smiling because you got me again! Love you Johnny Blower.
20th January 2007

Working again?
now then j-Blo, bet you miss my laid back management style, at the worst you might have to dig your own skidoos out of snowdrifts... all the best matey..
20th January 2007

Hola
Its great to have this diary and be able to keep track of what you are doing as im sure its a very exciting time. You both look fantastic on this picture and I´m very proud of you both to be able to spend this time apart again. You both really do show what love is all about. We love you with all our hearts, Karen, Richie & Joshua Jack xxx.
21st January 2007

Hello sweetpea
Pleased all is well and that you caught up with the family and kids.....Hope Helen and Richard are well and say hi from us to Hayley and Stacey tooo. Take care and have a good safe journey. Lots of love from us all here downunder.xxxx
21st January 2007

Happy travels
Hello JBlo, am very impressed with the blog - first time I've seen one!! Good to hear that your surprise worked - you're getting good at surprising people! Have a safe journey down to the ice and take care. Grace is looking forward to the penguin pictures!! Lots of love Rachael, Colin and Grace xx
21st January 2007

Keeping Track of your travels
Hey John,Glad all going well so far. Look forward to reading more about your travels. Take Care
23rd January 2007

nice computer skills ozzy!i hope your trip is as enjoyable and relaxing as the one where we worked 14 hours a day for 14 weeks! love,peace and pukka pies man.Stu the plumbing man

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb