Day 11: Stratford-Upon-Avon


Advertisement
Published: March 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Heading off this morning to Stratford-Upon-Avon, which is still in the Cotswolds, the birthplace of Shakespeare, a quaint old town again dating back to Norman times nestled on the banks of the Avon River. We walked the streets of Stratford-Upon-Avon and saw the house where Shakespeare lived with Anne Hathaway but did not go in due to the cost, when you've seen inside one old house you seen em all I guess. Bree saw the witches and warlocks museum and insisted we go there. We walked through the lower level and Bree went upstairs to the museum on her own, Pam and I not being witchy people declined, Bree loved it. Visiting the new Royal Shakespeare Company building was nice and the back streets of Stratford-Upon-Avon are just spectacular, all in all though Stratford-Upon-Avon was a little disappointing, maybe we needed to spend more time there. Deciding to head to Oxford for the night we found a camp park and what a disappointment that was, right next to the railway lines, a shitty natured camp manager and lousy facilities, didn't see much of Oxford but what we saw was not worth the time and effort to write about.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb