A Fox, 3 Locks, Some Boks and Clean Sox


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Warwickshire » Rugby
September 21st 2016
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 52.3732, -1.26174

Heading home from the pub yesterday afternoon we saw a real live FOX, again too far away for a photo so you will just have to trust us.

Today was a big one on the canal boating, we had to navigate three LOCKS without the aid of Clive and to our delight it went well with no dramas, we were quietly confident, and mostly competent. The locks are really quite an ingenious and simple concept which revolutionised transportation, before the train was invented. Many of them are original (but with an element of grandfather's axe perhaps) and have been in situ for 200-300 years.

After the locks we finally found somewhere to fill the water tank and have been able to have a decent shower and wash our SOX and assorted smalls.

We stopped at Rugby and went to the town centre to visit the Rugby rugby museum in the shop where Mr Gilbert started making rugby balls, just across the road from Rugby college. It was a small collection of lots of memorabilia about local and international teams include the All Blacks and the BOKs. There was even a fellow there making rugby balls - I wonder what the correct term for that job is.

Rugby is a very enlightened town, it has a quilting shop right next to the rugby shop so I was happiness filled all round. The lady who ran it was wearing a greenstone pendant she had bought in Hokitika. What a small world.

On the canal boat side, we also added a Sarah and a John to the collection today. (Niece and Dad).


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



21st September 2016

Did you ask him if he quilted?

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb