All set and bags packed!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey » Sutton
November 6th 2006
Published: November 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bags packedBags packedBags packed

Packed and ready, with 48hrs remaining!
Only 2 more sleeps and then we fly to Vietnam!
All has gone through with the house, and we have left our jobs. As the time to leave gets closer, our excitement:anxiety ratio is in a steady state of flux.
We intend to spend the next month working our way through Vietnam, and then on into Cambodia for a couple of weeks. From there we will be seeking some beaches in Thailand, and will travel through Malaysia into Singapore.
We then fly into Sydney, and onto New Zealand, followed by Fiji. The grand tour is rounded up with a couple of weeks making our way from LA to San Fransisco.
We are in the process of saying our goodbyes - We have had a full blown Christmas dinner this weekend complete with crackers, and a 'Boxing Day' party complete with a chocolate fountain!
All of this has not been without some problems - Rob's car was broken into on our penultimate night in Enfield, which gave us the inconvenience of sorting this out. And then as we made our way from Ipswich to Sutton, his clutch completely gave out stranding us on the M25 for a short while, and then his
Chocolate FountainChocolate FountainChocolate Fountain

Leaving the country for 6 months provides a fab excuse to break out the Chocolate fountain!
Dad for considerably longer! In our wisdom, when renewing our car insurance policy last week, we had decided that we did not need breakdown cover if we were going to be out of the country for the next 6 months!
Not sure if Sutton classifies as somewhere more exotic than Ponders End, but the next blog will come from outside the M25!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

poorly car returnedpoorly car returned
poorly car returned

After leaving Dad waiting for the AA at 3pm he finally got back to the house to join the party at 8.30pm. Not a happy bunny!


Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1163s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb