Day 29 – UK


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey » Bagshot
October 11th 2016
Published: October 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today we had planned a whistle stop visit to Bracknell to complete our shopping list, but there has been an accident nearby, so it would be too risky time wise. We have most of the items we want, so everything else will have to wait till next time. Not so bad really as we are nearly up to the maximum 100 kilos luggage hold baggage we have for our flight to Tenerife.

After a lazy morning packing all our new purchases, we popped in to see George´s cousins Cliff and Mary and share some of holiday stories with them. We have also put some of our better photos together for them to look through on a slide show. It was nice to catch up with them, as we have not seen them since our holiday last year.

The journey to London Gatwick was uneventful, except for a broken down lorry in the roadworks on the M3, but that was soon cleared.

At London Gatwick, we return the sewing machine hire car and checked into the Premier Inn on the north terminal. We are on the 10th floor again, and this time, we have a window overlooking the runway and north terminal buildings. There was plenty of time for plane watching and a few more pictures. This included the afternoon departure of the Emirates A380. The crew on board were the same daytime crew that flew us over from Dubai on Monday. Bon voyage to you Emirates guys and girls until next time.

A final bit of rearranging all of our baggage and then we take everything over to the terminal for a twilight checking at about 8pm. They also let us check in one of our hand luggage bags for free so we have slightly less to carry tomorrow. If you travel regular, consider checking out the twilight check in. Not all airlines and airports offer it though.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0948s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb