First step of the journey home


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey » Bagshot
December 4th 2018
Published: February 4th 2019
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in UK on Friday and since then, we have been shopping for staples and catching up with various family. There is a killing to be made here as Easyjet are only charging £10.00 odd for a 25 kilo extra cases.

We packed and repacked all the suitcases this morning ready for our flight home tomorrow. All that was not packed was our clothes for tomorrow and the toiletries so we could freshen up tonight.

Our final visit this trip was to George´s cousin. He has very kindly taken in some items for us that we could not get delivered to Tenerife.

A coffee and some cake there and we were on our way to the London Gatwick airport.

It is still pretty cold here so tomorrow, we are looking forward very much to returning to some sunshine.

We stopped at the petrol station in the airport so there could be no issues with the car being full of fuel. Whilst there, we also purchased food for lunch and dinner tonight. Not ideal, we have had five weeks of dining out, so having food in the room is a bit of a change for us.

Returning the car was straightforward and there were no additional charges needed.

Now, it is onto the Premier Inn at the north terminal again. We were there a few days ago and had an issue with early check-in, so were on our guard. It was about 1.40pm when we got there and the assistant tried to charge us the £10.00, so we said no we would go get a coffee and come back later. Fortunately for us, the person being checked in next to us got the early check-in for free as it was only minutes away from 2.00pm, so we went back to check-in to ask why we were being asked to pay when this other customer was not. We got it for free. No surprises there!

After some rest up and freshening up, we did a final pack of all the cases.

Easyjet offer facility of checking in the bags the night before, which we were able to do. This is called a twilight check-in which is from 8.00pm. This means we do not have to be out so early in the morning.

Dinner in the room was great

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb