Bawdsey in the Rain


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Suffolk » Woodbridge
September 13th 2010
Published: September 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi Folks

On the road again ………Will hopefully keep up a regular barrage of these travel blogs so if you do not want to receive just unsubscribe.

Headed for Suffolk (in part because it is the nearest piece of land to Essex ! First stop is Bawdsey Quay on the estuary of the river Deben to the south east of Ipswich. This is a small quay used by folks accessing their boats moored in the river and the ferry that goes across to the other side (of the Deben that is - think of rowing boat rather than cross-Channel ferry !!!). It is really a quite delightful spot although rather spoilt by the howling gale, dark clouds and incessant drizzle !

I am camped (if you can camp in a van) in a small parking area alongside the river so I hope the tide does not rise too high tonight.

Forecast for tomorrow is poor so I will probably have a sort out and go for a walk along the river if there is a break in the weather. Wednesday I hope to go across to the National Trust Nature Reserve on Havergate Island (just offshore of Orford). The area is of great geographical interest and a haven for birds so looking forward to that.

Steve


Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb