I set out to create an ultimate bucket list before my next trip, quickly writing down 20 things that I want to do, however I soon hit a brick wall. I see this as an ongoing project, for which I need more inspiration. After reading through other bucket lists thanks to Google I have extended my list to 58 items, however this not enough to aim for in a lifetime of travelling!!
Here is my list so far, but please can people suggest many more things to add! If anyone reading this has their own bucket list I'd love to see it too for inspiration.
My Travel Bucket List:
1. Learn to Scuba dive – Booked
2. Visit the volcanoes in Hawaii
4. Christmas on the beach – Attempted but it rained, maybe this year!
5. Go swimming in a waterfall
6. Go on an Elephant back Tiger Safari
7. Go storm chasing
8. Hire a campervan for a trip
9. Go to a full moon party
<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">10. Glacier Hike – Done, Canada<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">
11. Ride in a hot air balloon
12. See the northern lights
13. Go to Istanbul
14. Visit Uluru - Done
15. Visit Ankor Wat - Done
16. Visit Great Barrier Reef - Done
17. Sail in the Whitsundays - Done
18. Relax on a perfect white sand beach – Done but aiming for the whitest this year
19. Experience an earthquake
20. Live in Australia
21. Visit termite mounds
22. Take a spontaneous trip
23. Visit a country for each year of my life – So far so good, but I’m not dead yet!
24. Visit 3 of the 7 wonders of the world
25. Visit the Galapagos
26. Island hop in the Carribean
27. Fly in a Helicopter – Done, Grand Canyon
28. Volunteer in a school – Done, Uganda
29. Donate more than money – Gave blood at a Cambodian children’s hospital
30. Travel all the way round the world - Done
31. See wild Penguins – Done, various locations in Australia
32. See a platypus – Done, 8 in total on 3 occasions, 2 locations
33. Swim with a wild turtle
34. See Gorillas in the wild - Done
35. See Chimpanzees in the wild - Done
36. See Orangutans
37. See the ‘Big 5’
38. Ride an Elephant - Done
39. See Camels in the wild
40. Swim with seals – Attempted but they decided not to get in the water with me!!
41. Swim with Dolphins
42. Go whale watching – Canada & Azores
<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">43. Learn to milk a cow<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">– Done in Uganda<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">
44. Swim with Whale Sharks
45. See a Killer whale
46. Get a travel related scar – Damn infected mosquito in Fiji!!
47. Camp under the stars – In the Outback and Baja
48. Have a Surf lesson – Australia – where else!!
49. Attempt to Ski/Snowboard
50. Sit in a hot tub under the stars
51. Visit 6 continents
52. Dive in 5 different countries
53. Whitewater raft in 5 countries – 4 down I to go.
54. Drink mint tea in Morocco - Done
55. Buy a tourist t-shirt – Gorilla trekking t-shirt
56. Eat Pizza in Italy - Done
57. Ride on a motorbike, and manage not to poo myself!! - Done
58. Visit 3 Baha’i temples – 1 down, 2 to go
Tot: 2.743s; Tpl: 0.046s; cc: 13; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0482s; 2; m:saturn w:www (188.8.131.52); sld: 4;
; mem: 1.4mb