Fuller Mill Garden


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Suffolk » Bury Saint Edmunds
July 15th 2014
Published: July 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

John & Mary kindly treated the lunch to use, as well as paying for the entrance fees to Anglo-Saxon Village. They suggested we would go to Fuller Mill Garden, which was accessible by the footpath from the country park. They also paid for the entrance fees to the garden.



Fuller Mill Garden is set in a natural landscape including the River Lark and the Mill Pond.



There were huge variety of perennials, shrubs, aquatic plant, tender plant, rock plant, conifers and trees thriving on the borders surrounded by the River Lark. My mother enjoyed looking at them and took loads of photos. Many colourful flowers did not only decorate the lush parkland but also offered therapeutic environment. It was one of the best gardens we had visited for a long time. I have heard that it took more than 40 years to establish and design the water garden. More recently, the garden has been visited by the celebrated gardener like Alan Titchmarsh and BBC’s garden programme team, and has been praised as one of the most enchanting gardens in Britain.



John & Mary took us to the path to the country park, and let us walk along the River Lark, which connected from the garden. John explained that gravels had been laid on the riverbed and banks to help the water plants grow, as well as preventing from the water overflowing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb