Alton Towers in the UK


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Staffordshire » Stoke-on-Trent
December 18th 2010
Published: December 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Roller Coaster 1Roller Coaster 1Roller Coaster 1

One of the roller coasters at Alton Towers

Alton Towers and Surrounding Area by Benjamin Cox



Description


My family went here in 2008. The area is very neat being in the Moors. There are lots of hills and small back roads. The area has beautiful countryside with lots of things to do whether you want to be active with walks or bike rides, shopping, theme park, etc.

Where we stayed


We stayed at Crowtrees Farm Bed and Breakfast. Its a nice little farm in the countryside. Breakfast is taken to order. We enjoyed staying here.

"Crowtrees is a working farm offering Bed and Breakfast accommodation in the Staffordshire Moorlands.
The 200 year old farmhouse has views across the picturesque Churnet Valley. We have sheep and depending upon the time of year there maybe lambs to see. Come and meet the goats, Billy and Bobby."

Attractions



The main attraction is Alton Towers.



"It had a lot of roller coasters for all ages of kids and adults. There’s something for the whole family, with tons of terrific rides, amazing live shows, and weird and wonderful costume characters. Guests of all ages will enjoy an abundance of fabulous, fun-packed activities - you can scream, let off steam, ride and slide."
Holy Trinity, Oakamoor, UKHoly Trinity, Oakamoor, UKHoly Trinity, Oakamoor, UK

A church that was in the village we stayed in.


We visited the Barbary Macaque

Trentham Monkey Forest. It was pretty neat and my girls really liked it.

"Monkey forest is set in 60 acres of beautiful Staffordshire woodland and meadows where 140 monkeys live in total freedom. You are plunged into the Barbary macaques fascinating world as you hear rustling in the trees, chattering in a strange language and see the monkeys crashing through branches. To your right there is a male carrying a baby on his back, on your left are two females grooming each other, and in the trees are young monkeys doing acrobatics between the branches."

We went to a science center

as well but I can't seem to find details about it. They had a 3-D movie there about the oceans which was pretty neat.

Getting Here


We drove here from Belgium taking the Ferry across the channel. It was not a bad drive and took us around 6 hours.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Roller Coaster 2Roller Coaster 2
Roller Coaster 2

One of the Roller Coasters at Alton Towers
Barbary Macaque SilverbackBarbary Macaque Silverback
Barbary Macaque Silverback

There is a nice Monkey house not far from where we stayed.
Barbary Macaque JumpingBarbary Macaque Jumping
Barbary Macaque Jumping

The forest was pretty neat, there were Macaques everywhere!
Barbary Macaque EncounterBarbary Macaque Encounter
Barbary Macaque Encounter

The girls were intrigued by the Macaques and I believe the Macaques were intrigued by the visitors.
Shopping MallShopping Mall
Shopping Mall

This was one of the malls in the area that we went to.


18th December 2010

Useful blog. :)
http://www.travelblog.org/Forum/Threads/22952-1.html

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb