V2006


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Staffordshire » Stafford
August 23rd 2006
Published: August 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

V-Festival 2006V-Festival 2006V-Festival 2006

The middle class festival with less mud, colder beer and the guarantee of seeing celebs (well Stan Collymore in a silly hat)
Yep i know what your thinking.........when are these people actually gonna go travelling and stop listing entries about the UK or their holidays?????? well its nearly here folks so this should be the last entry before Japan (i promise) but so hooked am i on cataloguing my life in blog format here is an account of our day including photos at the V2006 Festival.

Arrived on site about 12.30pm and headed for the beer tokens stand so drinking began about 1ish, we had sneaked in approx 2 bottles of Merlot in Ribena bottles which if you keep reading you will find out the reason why you should never do this EVER!!! especially if your name is Carla, you are only tiny and havent eaten all day.

Met up with Dom, Ben and Rosalyn and after catching some of the 'Dead 60's' and 'Divine Comedy' we headed off to catch 'The Young Knives' in a tent somewhere. The warm glow of tipsyness had kicked in and much bunny hopping occured before heading straight back to the main stage to catch 'Bloc Party' who were as always superb and kick started the day!!! A brief interlude and some more red wine
The Gang......The Gang......The Gang......

.....minus Carla, who was somewhere else drinking Red Wine !!!!!!
for Carla before catching 'We are Scientists' on the second stage who were superb and really got the crowd going (Carla drank some more Red wine) after which we decided to grab some food and chill out on the dirty ground whilst the sun set and 'Beck' played. This proved to be one of my highlights of the day and i have never heard so many people shouting 'I'm a loser baby, so why dont you Kill Me!!!!!' with so much enthusiasm. (Carla drank some more Red Wine)

'Editors' went down well, Carla drank some more red wine and we then rammed ourselves into the masses for the main event 'Radiohead' on the main stage. As is always the case at a festival the highlight will often be an unexpected act with a smaller crowd and although Radiohead were the main reason for us coming because i wanted to tick the box of seeing them (box ticked)they were alright, but it appeared more of a light show and although the odd classic (fake plastic trees, the bends etc..) lifted the spirits it wasnt as good as some of the acts earlier in the day !!!!

It however may
Carla..Carla..Carla..

"Wheres my Red Wine !!!! ?"
have been better if i had caught the encore of 'Street spirit' and 'Creep' but as carla had drank close to 2 full bottles of Red by herself and was struggling to stand we had to leave early to ensure a cab. As I negotiated our £40 taxi fare i could hear the crowd singing 'Creep' in the distance and as we both woke in our Holiday Inn the following morning we were hung over but happy until we realised we had left my Brother behind the night before!!! (but dont worry he had managed to get a lift and had ended up in Sheffield!!!!! ???)

So we have both seen Radiohead, although Carla doesnt remember anything of it and even though we spent as much money as we will be living on each month in Thailand ! a great day was had by all.
We have tickets to see the 'Arctic Monkeys' on thursday which will be great and Carla has promised she wont be drinking so i may get to see all of that!!!

Peace M&C


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Carla, Ben and MattCarla, Ben and Matt
Carla, Ben and Matt

Carla begins to need help standing up straight !! although can still claim to know where to find the Red Wine !!
We are Scientists We are Scientists
We are Scientists

One of the surprise highlights of the day !!!!! (spot the token YOU GUYS ROCK hand signal in the crowd)
Bloc PartyBloc Party
Bloc Party

The posh, camp lead singer (i cant remember his name)
There he is !!!!!!!!There he is !!!!!!!!
There he is !!!!!!!!

At last somebody spots Stan Collymore in a silly hat
Im a loser baby! so why don't you kill me!!!Im a loser baby! so why don't you kill me!!!
Im a loser baby! so why don't you kill me!!!

The boys sing-a-long with Beck


Tot: 0.32s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 34; qc: 133; dbt: 0.1885s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb