V Festival - Wet Wet Wet


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Staffordshire » Stafford
August 18th 2007
Published: September 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Another weekend, another festival.

This time Brigid and I headed to Staffordshire for V Festival.

While not as muddy as Glastonbury, I was certainly happy to have my wellies with me. V was also a lot wetter than Glastonbury - it rained off and on on the Saturday and for most of the Sunday. It was all a bit much really. Another annoying thing was that they made you queue for beer vouchers and then queue again for beer - I didn't like that system at Livid in Sydney, and the English version did not impress either.

On the plus side, the venue was a lot smaller, and it was easy to move from stage to stage. We checked out the Killers (crap sound - again - what is it with the Killers?), Kasabian, the Foo Fighters (excellent), Kanye West, Basement Jaxx, Mika (a definite performer), Martha Wainwright (too depressing), Jet (how could you not after they came all the way from Oz), Pink (better than expected), Spontaneous Contsruction (lots of fun) and many more.

Had a good time, but would love to attend a festival where wellies are not necessary!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Not happy to have to queue for beer tokensNot happy to have to queue for beer tokens
Not happy to have to queue for beer tokens

and then queue again for beer


Tot: 0.446s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 25; qc: 94; dbt: 0.3717s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb