The White Hart


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Somerset » Wincanton
April 24th 2010
Published: May 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 24.4.2010 day 192
The White Hart
The pub we swayed in last night and tonight is fantastic. It is right in the middle of a little village and seems to be the hart of the villages with all the locals coming here and using it for club meeting etc. Locals eat there and see friends walk by and call to them and then they stop in and chat. It is very friendly and in Sumerset. The food is fantastic we have had dinner and b’fasts here and they use all local produce and have the info about the local farmers they use listed. Even the ice-cream, milk, tea and coffee in the rooms and the soap and shampoo and bath jells in the room is all local. The barmaid ever remembered our drinks menu from last night. During the day we went to Exmoor National Park and drove though some of the fantastic villages in the park. One that I loved was Dunster a medieval village with very impressive castle. We then drove on to the Village of Glastonbury were we saw the Glastonbury abbey were King Arthur’s grave is. We also went to Glastonbury Tor said to be the gateway to the underworld we did not walk up the hill to it as my friend has hurt is leg and cannot walk very far at the moment.




Additional photos below
Photos: 100, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb