An afternoon around Minehead


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Somerset » Minehead
June 27th 2017
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

A shot of the coastA shot of the coastA shot of the coast

Low tide. Minehead, typically, has a tide variance of about 30'.
We decided to take a drive to Minehead. The weather has been pretty dismal (cool and cloudy) for the past couple of days, so we thought we'd head to the coast in search of sun! Ha! We did get a little there, but not much. It was a really pretty drive with winding roads that varied from just above sea level to over 1000'. It was about a 45-minute drive from our cottage. The beach front, in some areas, looked like a tourist spot with all the souvenir shops, gambling joints and eateries. There was also a small amusement park, which we chose not to pursue. :-) We chose to walk over to the harbor where the boats were grounded. I'm sure, on the weekends, that this place is pretty crowded with locals and tourists. I'm glad we came on a Tuesday!



We are going to try to take a drive to Wales sometime next week. I'll post some pics from there, if we go.



As you may know by now, we are departing England heading for Portugal. We will not arrive there until sometime around the 11th of July. It is about a 20-hour drive from Calais, France (just across the channel). We will depart here around the 8th and head to our friend Patricia's place in Essex. There we will obtain all the necessary information about her place in Portugal, which is where we will be staying for about a month and a half. We then leave there for a place in Valencia, Spain.



Life is good. :-) More to follow later...



Take care everyone.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Shot inside a walkway on the hillShot inside a walkway on the hill
Shot inside a walkway on the hill

We saw this as we walked some steps that lead up to the church. We did not walk to the top of the hill where the church sat. There was a girl on a bench reading a book. What a beautiful place to do that!
Coastal shotCoastal shot
Coastal shot

I like the signed on the Inn. Looks like typical England to me. :-)
Another pretty InnAnother pretty Inn
Another pretty Inn

All the flowers were in full bloom.
Coastal shotCoastal shot
Coastal shot

Just thought it made a pretty picture (could have done without the car).


30th June 2017

Minehead
Ok - did you have to add that "Life is Good" BRAT!!! Love the pictures. It's amazing to see the boats dry-land the tide really goes out. The walkway on the hill looks like it would have been fun to explore. Enjoy your wonderful blessing. Cyn

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb