Days seven and eight the UK tour 2021


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Shropshire » Bridgnorth
August 9th 2021
Published: August 9th 2021
Edit Blog Post

With every trip there is always an early get up at some point, this year's was spectacularly early as we caught the half seven ferry back to Liverpool (sad to be leaving the isle of man but frankly dazed enough to let it pass as we got to the port at half six) On board Seth instantly made friends with the family sharing our table (pretty much interrogating the mum of the group so we now know her birthday, where she's from, where she's going and bizarrely how many teeth she and her two kids have ?) fortunately he and the seven year old girl hit it off and amused each other for the rest of the journey. Tiredness hit and I dozed, head on arms, at the table. When I was rudely awaken by Seth, Ash couldn't hide his laughter and has since compared me to a bedraggled cat when waking and I think it's fair to say the family sharing the table were horrified by what I had turned into as they ask but shielded their kids eyes from the horror ? Off the ferry by ten we took the opportunity to visit a huuuuuge home bargains (ash forgot to pack anywhere near enough socks and Seth wanted a bath bomb.....) Before heading to Formby to see my old university friend for a cuppa.

At his, we played with the dogs, Seth tried to play with the cool moving foot rest chairs and caught up on a couple's of years. We'd intended to picnic on the beach but seeing the other folk come back off with hair and clothing everywhere and the sand blowing into their eyes, we had a car picnic and drove to Warrington to a park near the next hotel. This park was pretty epic with a little zoo to boot (mostly free roaming peacocks giving you the eye, chickens and pigeons but it was free and filled half an hour).

Every year there is a hotel which is a little disappointing and a meal which is over priced and a little inadequate. This year these events both happened together. It felt like the hotel had been in semi renovated mothballs over covid (great bathroom, huge, slightly scary stain on the chair, sheets that showed more mattress than they covered). Breakfast though was significantly battery than tea, Seth had one of everything and we left full with a spare banana!

Ironbridge (Ash found it hilarious to shout 'we're there' every time we went near a bridge....) Was next on the list and we choose to visit Enginuity museum at Coalbrookdale, well worth a trip and full of lovely hands on science things. We drove through actual Ironbridge planning on a wander but the heavens opened (yay for a holiday in the UK....) So we took a longer drive to a park near the place for the night (a glorious annex).

Tomorrow an actual steam train ?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb