Settled and enjoying our life in the UK


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Shropshire » Albrighton
October 29th 2016
Published: October 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

It will be two years on the 4th November since we arrived here in the UK to start our new life in Albrighton and, our new church life as part of St Chads in Boningale as well as part of the United Benefice in Albrighton which includes St Mary's and St Cuthbert's. WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE??????

As you have probably noticed the time span between Blog updates has become longer, the last update being some 5 months ago, so this will be our last update on this Blog, we feel that now is the time to let go and bring the blog to it's conclusion.

God continues to keep us very active and very busy with our Quiet Day Ministry as well as our outreach work with Wolverhampton Homeless Outreach and we have been so blessed that Revd Mary has encouraged and enriched us with both activities plus continues to stretch us with opportunities to lead and participate in a variety of services and church activities.

Our Quiet Day's for 2016 has now ended, we held 4 during the year and attendance was beyond expectation. We are now busy planning 3 more for 2017 as well as
St Chads Boningale St Chads Boningale St Chads Boningale

This is our church
extending our advertising reach within and beyond the Lichfield Diocese. Exciting times ahead.

Our involvement with Wolverhampton Homeless Outreach (WHO) has been something very special and humbling. To date the United Benefice has raised £1,830 which has provided 97 support backpacks of which 78 have already been distributed to those sleeping rough on the streets of Wolverhampton. Donations of food, clothing and essentials continue to be received and passed on to WHO. For us we are part of a Friday night team (we go out every 2nd Friday night) which distributes food, hot drinks etc to those on the streets. We also lend a hand with directions to available services as well as an opportunity just to talk. This Christmas we will be starting an appeal for Sleeping Bags and Tents where £15 or £25 certificates will be issued and this is an opportunity to buy that present for someone you are struggling to find that special present with a difference.

On 1st October we both started a Pathways to Ministry course. The course is run over 12 months by the diocese and only God knows where this will lead. We have a small group of 6 people
Little ChadsLittle ChadsLittle Chads

Our new children's area
and we are enjoying the challenge.

On the work front we both continue to enjoy our small jobs within the village, cleaning and gardening.

This weekend 29/30 October our clocks go back and the nights draw in and the weather becomes colder as we head into winter and Christmas (WHITE WE HOPE)

We continue to hold all of our family and friends in our prayers, no matter where they are in the world, and if any of you are planning to head to this part of the world we would love to hear from you and to catch up with you while you are here. On this note Jess's sister and her husband, will be with us in June next year for a couple of weeks and we are looking forward to this very special time together.

Well we guess that is all - Thank you for following and supporting us on this journey. We will always be thankfull to God for this.

If you are interested in following us on our Ministry or activities then the following may be of interest to you - on Facebook St. Chad's Quiet Days Ministry or the United Benefice web site www.albrightonparishchurch.org.uk or the Wolverhampton Homeless Outreach web site www.wolverhamptonhomelessoutreach.org.uk



May the Lord bless you and protect you all.
May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you all.


May the Lord show you his favour and give all of you his peace.

Amen and God Bless





Advertisement



1st November 2016

Thank you
Dear Evelyn & Jess, thank for sharing your travels and experiences, good luck and stay safe & warm! :-)
5th November 2016

Brian and I wish you all the best for Christmas and 2017
May the Lord and Dame Fortune smile on you both for your Christian work. Lots of love Val & Brian xxx
7th November 2016

THANK YOU
Great to here from you. We hope you have a great christmas and New Year as well and we will keep in touch via Facebook - Love Evelyn and Jess XXXXX
24th November 2016

Thank you for your encouragement.
It was good to hear you are making such progress and doing so many exciting things for the Lord. Thanks for your blog which we found so encouraging. Just maybe we will visit you in the near future as we are keen to see some of the UK, though Ruth's mum at 97 does provide some constraints on the length of time we can be away. Ruth and I pray you have a blessed WHITE Christmas. With love and prayers, Don and Ruth Johnston.

Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0963s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb