Dead Battery


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Oxfordshire » Wallingford
June 22nd 2018
Published: July 8th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today was a rest day, well at least from any walking! Vaughan was foot sore from yesterday's long walk. I had some printing to do so we went to Lisa's late morning and borrowed her printer, she was in the garden mowing the lawn. She said she would finish her chores then she would pop over in the early afternoon. We headed back to Matilda and found we had new neighbours to our right hand side, the crazy guy with the tent who was next to us had shifted to the end site. I was a little mifft when I saw the neighbours as their car was parked too close leaving us hardly any gap for our table and chairs, I had to say something. I asked them if they could move their car to the other side of their van as they were encroaching on our space. The old man said that the guy in the tent told them to park there! I said he has no business to tell you where to park, he is a crazy guy who doesn't like anyone within 10 feet of him that is why he told you to park here, I had no idea why he is even here, he is unfriendly and doesn' t talk to anyone except himself. I decided not to worry about it as they were a nice old couple and we were leaving tomorrow anyway. Lisa came over in the afternoon, it was another lovely sunny day and sitting outside the motorhome watching the boats on the Thames with tea and biscuits was just perfect. At around 3:30pm she had to go pick up the boys from school so I walked with her to the road and we said our goodbyes as tomorrow morning we would be leaving and heading off to Shaftesbury.

Vaughan was checking something in the van and went to start the motorhome only to find the battery was dead. This was not good, why the hell was it flat. I asked the guys in the caravan next to us if they had jumper leads and they didn't, the guys on the other side of us did and we got Matilda going and left her running. Vaughan used his multimeter and traced it to a tiny fuse that had blown, the very fuse that was responsible for charging the battery when we were plugged into the electric. The fact she had sat there for 4 days and we had been running the radio and not knowing the charging wasn't happening had flattened the battery, thankfully we had good people around us to help us out with what could have been a sticky situation.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb