IKEA AND BISON RIBEYE


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Nottinghamshire » Nottingham
June 22nd 2010
Published: July 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After deciding that the Impreza would tow the caravan without any bother there were just two modifications required - An exhaust that would give more than 2 inches of ground clearance and a tow bar. We already had a tow bar that just needed fitting so that meant a trip to Nottingham to pick up an exhaust that would do the job.
By chance Daryl needed to visit IKEA to check out some furniture so off we went to kill two birds with one stone.
I know it’s wrong but I never get bored of looking at strangely named Swedish home products. (I am secretly looking forward to going to IKEA in Melbourne to get bits to kit out the campervan, even though I know they will have exactly the same stuff as over here, but for a higher price)
I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was so cheap. Emma thought it reasonable and shelled out £16.99 for a spare. ABBA were still doing tinned fish and the recipe cards could not get any more unappealing unless they made them scratch and sniff.

Stopped on the way home near Melton Mowbray and bought some Bison ribeye. Strange to drive down a farm track in Rutland and come face to face with Bison. Threw it on the BBQ for just a few minutes and were impressed. We like our meat rare and it suits this type of cooking best. Tastes like a really good beef steak but has a lower fat content than even chicken or fish! If you like venison or are on a low fat diet give it a go.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.293s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 16; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0863s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb