In and around Nottingham


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Nottinghamshire » Nottingham
November 15th 2011
Published: March 11th 2018
Edit Blog Post

My work allowed me to stay in Nottingham for a year. Nottingham – the place of Robin Hood, whose stories we are all familiar with. It a relaxed city unlike other bigger cities in the UK. Not much of a hustle-bustle but quite calm.

There are many places to visit in and around Nottingham. Wollaton Hall, Nottingham Castle , Matlock Bath, Attenborough , Old Market square amongst host of other tourist attractions.

My favourites are the Old Market Square and Attenborough. Old Market square because, it was the heart of the city. Shopping, pubbing, indulging in food from across the world – you could do it all here. And Attenborough because of the memorable bicycle ride to this place from Nottingham. My friends and I planned to cycle to this place on a weekend. I had bought a bicycle in the Saturday Flea market and my other friends either rented or owned a bicycle of their own. So, come Saturday, we all cycled towards Attenborough. It was a 6 mile ride one way. We cycled along the banks of River Trent enjoying the scenic and picturesque countryside. We stopped at certain locations for photographs. After we reached Attenborough, we had lunch at the park and spent time strolling around. We again headed back to Nottingham before it got dark.

Wollaton Hall is a museum that houses artefacts from the older centuries and also has wildlife species (dead and stuffed) and fossils on display.

The main attraction in Matlock Bath is the hilltop park – The heights of Abraham. And there are cable cars to take you to the hilltop. The hilltop park has a cave – The Masson Cavern.

Nottingham castle is on the top of a hill and overlooks the Nottingham city below. We went there to watch fireworks on the New year's eve.

It is a well connected city with buses and trams. You just cannot forget this city so easily.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 22; qc: 92; dbt: 0.0969s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb