Almost there!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Northamptonshire » Northampton
September 4th 2007
Published: September 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well the time has nearly come after years of planning and saving to say farewell to England for a year.

House has been rented, Jeff (Julian's car) has been sold and Bee (Claire's car) sorn. Claire has finished work and Julian has a couple of days to go. Injections have been received, visas applied for, malaria tablets being trialled as we speak (no hallucinations or other side effects yet!), bags packed and re-packed (trying to decide what you will need for a year is a difficult process and there is still stuff that has to go according to Julian).

Goodbyes have been said and quite often re-said as some people we just can't seem to shake and of course tickets booked - first stop Delhi on 14th September.

Plan is to visit the following countries - India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand and Fiji.

It's Claire's first time travelling and her sense of direction is worrying her family who are thinking of buying baby reins so Julian doesn't lose her!

We hope you will join us along our journey and share some of the laughs and joys of our travels, I'm sure there will be loads to tell.

See you in Delhi!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



7th September 2007

GOOD LUCK
All happening then....well good luck on the next stage of your world tour and i will wait to see what you have forgotten when you get out there! Don't worry too much about the malaria side effects, they will kick in soon, just up the dosage!! :-)
8th September 2007

Bon Voyage
Great photos! Looking forward to following your journey. I bet you both can't wait as you both are now unemployed. Will speak soon. just wanted to see if this blog thing works.
10th September 2007

Baby Reins!
I think the baby reins are defo required after hearing you lost each other in Sainsbury's at the weekend! Great to see you both yesterday to say our farewells ... although I think me and Alex only got a few months worth of teasing our baby brother in so keep me posted on your whereabouts for Xmas as am still thinking I might come and see you!
11th September 2007

Bon Voyage
Ooh I could crush a grape. Have a great trip!
12th September 2007

That's just mean!
How come you show everyone else working and me sat on my bum! Still amazed at how you filled that truck, I'm conserving the energy to do it all again next year.
17th September 2007

Delhi
So did you manage to find India then Claire?!

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb