Tidying up


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Northamptonshire » Daventry
September 9th 2011
Published: September 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We never got around to finishing our French blog - probably because it was all pretty anti-climactic after the idyllic days spent in Normandy. We drove to Rouen on a motorway, it rained pretty much non-stop, we stayed in a modern hotel with all mod cons; our own toilet and everything! (The Ibis, on the riverbank - would happily recommend it; underground parking, big quiet rooms, walking distance to the centre).

So it couldn't have been much more different. Not all bad of course - the centre of Rouen is pretty cool, even if the outskirts could be any industrial city anywhere in the world, and we did some nice bars and restaurants in the narrow, cobbled backstreets, gazed at yet another massive, awe-inspiring cathedral, and went to a Sunday market with a decidedly cider-orientated product profile (cider jelly anyone?).

Did a visit to Honfleur, the local tourist honeypot, bit of a tourist drive back up the banks of the Seine, but all seen through a veil of mist and drizzle unfortunately.

Anyway, if you've read this far, we are continuing our blogging on a different site - nothing wrong with Travelblog, it's just a bit more complicated than it needs to be for our purposes.

Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Phillippines, Oz, NZ here we come. Keep up with us here;

http://billandelaine82.blogspot.com/

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb