First stop


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » North Yorkshire » Scarborough
August 2nd 2013
Published: August 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Friday, August 2nd—We departed at 10:00am with a successful journey to Scarborough by 3:00 pm. We set up and walked to the cliffs and down to the rocky beach.

Saturday, August 3rd—We bought a Merlin Pass which allows us to get into 31 sites across Britain and decided on some of our stops in order to make use of our purchased passes. Thus, a trip the Scarborough Aquarium was our first stop of the day, which was on the south side of Scarborough. Nice aquarium with Becca’s favorite being the seals, Gabe’s favorite being the Nautilus, and Ben’s favorites, all of the sharks! After, we took a train ride (small open-air steam train) over to the north side where we stopped at a local grocery store and then went to the beach and made lunch (Drea only got one grain of sand in her sandwich!) We hiked up to Scarborough Castle and whilst there, saw a show about Captain Cook as well as a Jester. There were beautiful views of the water and the castle was impressive, especially after the many attacks throughout its long life. A seaside walk back to the train and then Greg and the kids went rock/water exploring while Drea had a cider at a local pub and Ben had a well-deserved nap in his “roller.” Headed back to the site around 7:30 and made dinner. After dinner there happened to be a fireworks show in our view! The kids watched Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone in preparation for our next adventure!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb