A stroll around Nidd Hall Hotel beautiful grounds


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » North Yorkshire » Harrogate
September 11th 2018
Published: September 11th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We had a good journey yesterday, 200 miles mostly on the A1. Arrived at Nidd Hall hotel around 2pm. Our patio room has lovely views to the lake & beyond.

This morning the sun is shining, the sky is blue so we decided to have a relaxing day today around the hotel.

A walk around the beautiful grounds, something of interest at every turn.

A large wicker cup & saucer outside the tea room was my starting point.

Meandering along the pathways the lake soon came into view with a couple of sheep taking a drink at the waters edge.

Passing through the small wood where little fairy doors had been created brought me to the meadow garden complete with bug hotels and a great idea for the hedgehogs who could enter through a pipe and remain safe for their hibernation.

There are 4 full time gardeners here at Nidd Hall and all were busy tending to all their duties to ensure the gardens looked pristine for the guests to enjoy.

A beach area complete with deckchairs was an unusual find and no doubt in the summer are a popular gathering place.

Passing through the courtyard gardens were more wicker sculptures.

I soon found myself back on the terrace, so it was time for a cuppa, sitting in the autumn sunshine and enjoying the wonderful views Nidd Hall offers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.472s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb