Liverpool


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Merseyside » Liverpool
November 25th 2014
Published: November 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday, my first day in Liverpool. I decided I would do the 3 hour walking tour today, and let me tell you it is one of the best tours to do. If you ever get a chance, do this wherever you visit - it doesn't cost to do this, but you can pay a gratuaties at the end.

We started at St George's Hall, where there is a statue of Prince Alfred and Queen Victoria on horses. We then followed the path to the Art Gallery and to St John's Gardens. Seeing the Hillsborough Memorial was definately memorable to me.

On down to Mathew Street, yes, the birthplace of the Beatles - where they first started out as a band. There is a lot of things on this street, including the Cavern Club and Wall of Fame. On to the statues of the beatles on the building, we then walked further to The Town Hall and the Flags Exchange.

Down to St George's Dock where the water used to come to before the level dropped and buildings were built, past the three gates of Pier's Head. Onto the Mersey River where all the trade ships hailed from. The Albert Wharf also was home to the White Star Line (yes the company who owned the Titanic, which had Liverpool as it's home on the ship, although never sailed out from Liverpool).

Onto Alberts Dock where the tour ended.... but I continued onto the walk around Alert Dock and then up past Liverpool One, and Ranleigh Street toward my hotel.

Tonight was time to go out with Chris and Wendi, my friends from Warrington. We went to my very nice Italian Restaurant , Bella Italia and had a wonderful meal, a few drinks and laugh's. Then onto The Walker Warrington Ale pub for another drink and watched some of the game before they headed back home to Warrington. Had a great night and was very nice to finally meet the friends behind a facebook page too 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb