Liverpool - Home of the Beatles


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Merseyside » Liverpool
April 2nd 2010
Published: April 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

As soon as we arrived here we knew that we had made a big mistake! We had only allowed one night here instead of 4! We had to decide quickly what we wanted to do as we only had one afterrnoon and one morning. To see where the Beatles had lived and how they got inspired was it. We got on the bus and our first visit was to Paul's childhood home and then onto John's. It was amazing to see where they grew up and where they wrote some of their songs! Onto Strawberry Fields. Only the gates remain and they were completely covered in messages to the Beatles by their fans. It looks like it may get repainted but the fans persist and rewrite on them. Then onto the church hall where Paul and John first met. We couldn't find the hall but found the church where Paul first saw John playing in his band before. We were walking back to town and a Beatles Taxi driver (their job is to take people around all of the Beatles sites and to tell them all about it. A quick way to do it but we couldn't justify the 60 pounds for it!) yelled from across the street if we had seen this, and we said no so he invited us over to join the group he had and we got a small story about what had happened a looked at each of us to see if we got teary eyed reading the plaque. Most of us did! That night we went to the Cavern Club. We wanted to see where the Bealtles and alot of other bands have made it. This is a cool place and we both wished we were born about 30 years earlier in England to seen these bands live in a club like this. It would have been awesome!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb