Lulzy League in Liverpool


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Merseyside » Liverpool
October 21st 2007
Published: October 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

As agreed!

We enjoyed a cider fuelled train ride up playing cards then wandered tour hostel via swamp games and bollard jumping before bedtime chocolate nightmares.

Saturday started with a sleep in and a very lazy brunch at Ha!Ha!Ts port waterfront cafe. Followed up with a quick wander through town before heading out to Warrington for the special All Golds Centenary Rugby League match. This match is basically a kiwi team with one token aussie (Steve Price) played with the old points system used 100 years ago. We met Phil, grabbed some low brow supermarket hot chicken and bread rolls to eat with Solomona and Kidman before grabbing the BIG ONES (double pints) to watch the game.

Good game, the AG's should have had it nailed but let in 3 weak successive tries early in the second half to let the Northern Union back in the game, but cinched it in the end 25 - 18. With great seats we had the chance to have a quick congratulatory chat with the lads on the way to collect their trophies before Jamie and Milad melted in front of Wayne Bennet, the AG's famous aussie coach.

We weren't prepared or dressed to go out in Liverpool (eg too lazy) so we had a sneaky wander through the city to check out the night life before a relatively early night for our early 5hr return train trip home.

Good lazy weekend away.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 83; dbt: 0.0865s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb