Liverpool via Holyhead and Cheshire


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Merseyside » Liverpool
September 22nd 2006
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 53.3867, -2.71065

Went to Liverpool for Liverpool vs Tottenham on Sat. - 3-0 to Liverpool hurray - and it was brilliant being in Anfield, when they sing 'Walk On' at the very beginning it is so emotional - I wasn't the only one with big tears in my eyes, big tough men around us were the same!

But Liverpool is a great place, people sooo nice esp. compared to Danes, it was my 1st time but C. has been a few times before, saw 'The Cavern' of course - dump! - although we went to a nice Italian wine bar/restuarant nearby. We went with another couple (A&S) on the ferry to Holyhead on Fri morn. (I flew in the night b4 to Dublin, C. was there for 9 days anyway), and we saw 'Pirates of Caribbean 2' on the ship which was appropriate - I wonder did they ever show Titanic! But it was international 'Talk like a pirate day' last tuesday & the 4 of us were all into it & had been emailing about etc. and then that night after lovely dinner in an Indian in Albert Docks area we went to a club called 'Walk the plank' and every one was dressed up like a pirate, synchronicity or wha'. Then this American band 'The Greenkeepers' (that the others had heard of) played for free (well no charged us any money in) & were great!

Most of Saturday was taken with getting to the match, left hotel (Derby Lodge)at 10:30am - traffic brutal but we had a while to wander around the grounds 1st & see the team arriving etc. - then it took more than an hour afterwards to get back to hotel so it was 4.30pm then & we were starving so had vegeburgers & chips there (which is a novelty now as they don't really do them in Denmark). So missed the shops (maybe no harm, although we did stop in 'designer outlet Chehsire Oaks' on Fri. which was no temptation at all, as it was full of all the crap they couldn't sell in town). On Saturday night we did a bit of pub crawl after our Italian & 1st ended up in a karaoke bar which was really funny esp. a guy called Justin or was it Dustin (normally I'd have cut my throat rather than stay but the other choice was one of the really crowded noisy bars with semi naked 16 year olds or this - I know I knoooow I am so old but it was fun) & then we went to this mad club 'Garlands', with amazingly done up Trannys & people pushing each other round in shopping trolleys & racks of dress up clothes to use & you name it! Then I went back to DK on Sunday via Koln while the others ferried back to Dublin & can you believe there's no LFC shop in John Lennon airport - what's that about, pah, honestly!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb