Day 13 - London, England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » London
August 30th 2006
Published: September 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday August 30th, 2006
Day 13
London, England

I was up at 8:30am today to meet Kate. We decided to go out to Notting Hill again to have another look around, (without the thousands of people) and try and find the Travel Bookshop Co. again. This time we checked out Portabello Road Market. There was a lot of lovely antique shops selling so much beautiful vintage stuff. We eventually found the Travel Bookshop Co. but only by accident as we were walking past one of the street on the way back to the tube I looked across and there it was.
After this, we caught the tube out to Hyde Park again to continue our search for The Peter Pan statue and the Princess Diana Memorial Fountain. The fountain was unveiled by the Queen, Princes William and Harry and Diana's Brother Earl Spencer on July 6, 2004. It cost £6.5million and was funded for by the Princess Diana Memorial Fund. After a rest and dipping our feet in the fountain (because you are allowed to here, unlike in Rome!) we made our way to find the statue.
The Peter Pan statue was really cool; all that I had imagined it to be, The statue was placed here in 1912. Author James M. Barrie wanted it to retain its magic appeal so arranged for it to be installed in the dead of night. It is made of bronze and feature Peter Pan standing on a Pedestal covered with climbing squirrels, rabbits and mice and also features Wendy and some of the Lost Boys. We took some photos and once again caught the tube out to Abbey Road. We were trying to get a better photo than last time; it didn't really work.
After this we headed down to Oxford Street. This place was amazing. So many shops, so little time. We went into a shop called 'Top Shop' where we tried on some wigs. We got into trouble for taking photos but still managed a funny one before we had to stop.
Afterwards we had some dinner and when it got dark we made our way out to Piccadilly Circus. This was cool, all the neon lights and lots of people everywhere, one would call it the Times Square of London. While we were here, all of a sudden all these people of rollerblades went rollerblading through, it was very random. After this we headed back to Nick's.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.506s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 84; dbt: 0.2135s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb