Our summer visit to England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Lincolnshire
July 13th 2009
Published: July 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We have had a complaint that we have not written since we have been away, so, due to popular demand, we are back!!! Only a brief one mind as I don't have many pics at the moment...more to follow!

Our trip back was ok, but not great. Our flight was delayed, but on the plus side, this meant that Soph went and chatted up the pilots and they were both invited to go and see the cockpit before we took off! They were so excited and even pressed some buttons apparently. I was not allowed to join them sadly, even though I tried several times!!

We arrived back in the UK to great weather and the end of a heatwave by the sound of things. It was hot hot hot but really nice not to be as humid as Shanghai. Sophie and William spent the first week out in the garden every minute of the day, on their bikes and exploring. My mum has moved to a new house since we were here at Xmas and it is lovely. It is right in the country and just so peaceful. You stand at the door and hear nothing!! Such a contrast! The river bank is very close by and we have been on several walks there....after a few days of waking up early, we explored along one morning nice and early which was just beautiful.

We spent much of last week catching up with mum and chilling, it was especially nice to be here for her birthday the day after we arrived. Soph and I made a very 'secret' birthday cake for her which was fun. Lots more stuff to report on soon but Ian is away on a boys overnight trip and has the camera, so to be continued!!!.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb