Windsor Castle and Churchhill’s house and other houses around here


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent
March 31st 2010
Published: April 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 31.3.2010 day 168
Windsor Castle and Churchhill’s house and other houses around here
Today we drove to Windsor castle and it looks so fantastic very impressive. We had a pork roll at the shop just outside and then drove to Chartwell which was Sir Winston Churchill home Churchill once said ‘A day away from Chartwell is a day wasted’. While looking at the chickens my friend got to talk to the gardener about them. We then drove to High rocks which were rocks but were not that high they were charging £10 to get in and £13 to climb then but we could see them fin from the road. We then drove to Chiddingstone Castle then on to Penshurst Place & gardens which were owned by King Henry VIII it look like a Castle to me what is the difference between a Castle and a Place? We drove to Tonbridge Castle and then to Groombridge Place gardens and Enchanted Forest it also has an aviary with birds of prey. Everywhere we went today is within 10 minutes of the resort we are staying in there are so many amazing homes around here. On the way home we stopped at the local farm shop were the local estates sell their produce we got some bread and milk that was made and bottled on the farm we also got some Stilton (we live close to Stilton) and some vegies. With the great local ingredients dinner was fantastic.



Additional photos below
Photos: 100, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb